Saturday, August 26, 2006

Heaven and Hell

Two Views:

1. A belligerent samurai, an old Japanese tale goes, once challenged a Zen master to explain the concept of heaven and hell. But the monk replied with scorn, " You're nothing but a lout - I can't waste my time with the likes of you!"
His very honor attacked, the samurai flew into a rage and, pulling his sword from its scabbard, yelled, "I could kill you for your impertinecnce."
"That," the monk calmy replied, "is hell."
Started at seeing the truth in what the master pointed out about the fury that had him in its grip, the samurai calmed down, sheathed his sword, and bowed, thanking the monk for the insight.
"And that," said the monk, "is heaven."

- Extracted from "Emotional Intelligence" by Daniel Goleman

2. To see love amongst my friends,
To sizzla that is heaven,
None of us can run from the truth

Oh yes
To war with whom we dwell
To I man that is hell

- From "To see love amongst my friends" by Sizzla Kalonji.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home